Project Coordinator – Hive Design Team
The Project Coordinator is responsible for helping to manage and coordinate multiple design streams, assisting in developing project timelines and ensuring these run within budget. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and possesses superb organizational and time-management skills. Passion and a keen interest in design and construction are a must. To succeed in this role, the candidate must be a teamplayer able to work in a dynamic multicultural environment alongside a small but dedicated and fun-loving team design team.
The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Head of New Projects.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all coordination, logistical arrangements, correspondences, liaising between client, sub-contractors, suppliers, building management and design team
- Prepare and ensure the schedule for each project is met and executed accordingly
- Appoint daily tasks for design team, manage and ensure design team are on target to meet overall deadline
- Monitor and report onsite project progress to ensure quality and time compliance
- Attend meetings with clients, BMO, sub-contractors, site receive & handover
- Assist in site survey
- Assist in proof-checking drawings to ensure compliance with client blueprint and company formats
- Engage in material sourcing and regular updates of material library, monitor and ensure material/ sample quality and compliance
- Obtain quotations from sub-contractors, suppliers
- Perform all necessary administrative duties including but not limited to taking phone calls, managing company database, filing and paperwork, managing sample records, mailing, banking etc.
- Creating a project management calendar following deadlines to meet
- Attend all meetings – and take minutes where then to distribute to rest of projects team
- Assist in multiple administrative duties including but not limited to taking phone calls, managing company database, preparing proposal materials and sample boards, filing and paperwork, mailing, banking,
- Assess projects risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Degree holder in Interior Design, Architecture, Construction, Project Management or any related field
- 3 years experience in project coordination, contactors and vendor management and quality management
- Exceptional time management and attention detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Fluency in English, any additional language is a plus
- Interest in design/ design related field